An easy, delicious salad that uses dried cranberries (Craisins)
Make and share this Curried Cranberry Chicken Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise (plain yogurt is another possibility although I haven't tried it) or 1 cup salad dressing (plain yogurt is another possibility although I haven't tried it)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder (or more to taste)
- 4 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 2 chopped apples or 2 granny smith apples
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries (Craisins)
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion
- Combine mayonnaise, lime juice and curry powder in large mixing bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
We love this salad, I use a whole pre cooked rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. It seems to be exactly the right amount of chicken. I like to make this up ahead of time, great for quick lunches and suppers. Very versatile, you can through just about anything in it! Thanks. Update. I am still loving this, I took it to a potluck with rave reviews, nice because it is gluten free. I served it on endive lettuce leaves! I always double the curry and add the zest of the lime!
Very good! The scallions made the dish. At first, I made it with only the 3/4 c mayo, and it was still missing something. I added ~1/4 c of greek yogurt, and it gave it the tanginess that I was looking for. Instead of craisins, I used 1/2c of gold raisins that i had in my cubburd and about 1/2-3/4 c of halved red grapes. Much better the next day.
Made this for sandwiches and I enjoyed the blend of flavors. I used fat-free mayo, chopped only 1 large apple and omitted the celery entirely. Enjoyed it and thought the curry and Craisins were a nice variation. Thank you for sharing!