Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simply addicting. I just polished off the leftovers standing in the kitchen! This is an ode to you spice lovers. My contribution to RSC4
Kickin Cocktail Mayo
- 1 large tomatoes, cored
- 2 ounces firm tofu
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 -4 tablespoons horseradish (depending on heat desired)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne powder (again, depending)
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 head cabbage, shredded
- 3 carrots, julienned or shredded
- 1⁄2 lb imitation crabmeat (1/2 shredded, 1/2 coarsely chopped)
- Whiz"Mayo" ingredients in a blender or processor in order directed, correcting seasonings to taste.
- Mix slaw ingredients in a large tupperware.
- Add"Mayo", put on top and give it a good shake.
- Best served after refrigerated several hours or a day.
The Cocktail Mayo was good but It seemed to be missing something that I couldn't quite put my finger on. Maybe it was the tomato I used. It may not have been a real flavorful tomato. I liked the "kick" the the horseradish adds to it. A definite bite! I ddn't add the cayenne pepper! I didn't need to! :)I It was good with the crab but I didn't like it with the cabbage. But that's my own personal taste. All in all it is a good "Mayo". I think I will make this again when "Beefsteak" tomatoes are in season.
Yeah-looks great...easy too