Recipe by nomnom
You just can't stop eating this! Think of it as crab-artichoke dip, but with asparagus in place. The asparagus adds texture and color where artichokes get mushy and lost in the dip. I could eat the entire recipe as a meal. It may not make much, but it's worth it! Leftovers can be reheated the same way. RSC4
Top Review by Miss Annie in Indy
Quite tasty recipe. I didn't have any asparagus on hand so I used zuccini. Turned out quite well. The cayanne pepper adds a nice touch. Use more or less to your liking.
- 1⁄2 large onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, divided (1 clove diced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder, divided
- 6 asparagus spears, raw,diced
- 6 ounces tofu
- 1⁄2 lb imitation crabmeat (1/2 shredded, 1/2 chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- toasted breadcrumb (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and diced garlic.
- When colored, add 1/8 tsp curry powder.
- Saute to incorporate.
- Add asparagus, crab meat, and 1/8 tsp more curry.
- Saute to mix.
- Dump into a mixing bowl and let cool a bit.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350*F.
- Blend tofu and 1/4 tsp curry until creamy and mixed.
- Add to veggie mixture and mix.
- Add mozzarella cheese and mix.
- Spread evenly in a small baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cayenne, parm (if using), and breadcrumbs (if using).
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Serve with pita chips, veggies, or as a bread spread.