Recipe by brianh_ssllc
This also works with substituting sunflower seeds for the pine nuts. I've also tried adding a can of sliced water chestnuts. We like it a little on the spicy side, so you may want to cut back on the curry and red pepper a little if you want it mild.
Top Review by Borealis Beegirl
This is great, I used no red pepper flakes as DH does not like hot at all. He is not much a fan of curry, so I used about 3/4 of a teaspoon. Cooks fast and great when you do not know what to cook for the evening.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large shallot, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 lb large peeled shrimp (thawed)
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 carrot, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup couscous
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Cook shallot and pine nuts over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until shallot is tender and pine nuts lightly browned.
- Add shrimp, vegetables, curry powder, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in salt, pepper, and chicken broth.
- Bring to a gentle boil and stir in couscous.
- Cover, remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.