Posted for 2005 Zaar World Tour. This recipe came from the Cooking Network.. Good Deal with Dave Lieberman show.
- 1 (5 7/8 ounce) box instant couscous
- 3⁄4 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 orange, juice of
- 2 -3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 -4 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced on an angle
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- fresh ground pepper
- Stir the couscous, cranberries, curry powder, salt, and sugar together in a heatproof bowl. Bring water (amount will be listed on package directions) to a boil and pour it over the couscous. Add the orange juice. Give it a big stir, cover the bowl tightly and let it stand, giving it a big stir once or twice, until the water is absorbed and the couscous is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork. Add the olive oil, scallions, parsley, lemon juice, and walnuts. Stir around until everything is distributed evenly throughout the couscous. Make up to 2 hours ahead of time and keep at room temperature until you're ready to serve. Check the seasonings just before you serve the salad and add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Note: To toast the walnuts, spread them out on a baking sheet and bake in a 400 degree F oven until they turn a shade darker, about 8 minutes.