Recipe by HotChaiLatte
Flavorful combination with some crunch. Nice simple weeknight one-dish meal. From Oregonian Foodday.
- 1 cup trader joe's thai yellow curry sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisins or 1⁄2 currants
- 2 cups whole wheat couscous
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted (see note)
- 1 lb shredded cooked chicken (3 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat curry sauce, chicken broth, salt and raisins in a medium saucepan. When mixture comes to a boil, stir in couscous. Cover pan and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork. Stir in almonds, chicken and green onions. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve hot.
- Note: To toast nuts, spread on baking sheet and bake in 350-degree oven for 5 to 8 minutes or until they start to brown.
- -- Adapted from "Cooking With All Things Trader Joes".
- by Deana Gunn and Wona Miniati.