Flavorful combination with some crunch. Nice simple weeknight one-dish meal. From Oregonian Foodday.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup trader joe's thai yellow curry sauce
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins or 1/2 currants
- 2 cups whole wheat couscous
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted (see note)
- 1 lb shredded cooked chicken (3 cups)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1Heat curry sauce, chicken broth, salt and raisins in a medium saucepan. When mixture comes to a boil, stir in couscous. Cover pan and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 2Fluff couscous with a fork. Stir in almonds, chicken and green onions. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve hot.
- 3Note: To toast nuts, spread on baking sheet and bake in 350-degree oven for 5 to 8 minutes or until they start to brown.
- 4-- Adapted from "Cooking With All Things Trader Joes".
- 5by Deana Gunn and Wona Miniati.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Couscous With Chicken and Almonds
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.3
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 56.7 mg
- Sodium 78.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 24.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat couscous