Recipe by smellyvegetarian
This is from Cooking Light, January 2004. They suggest it as a vegetarian main dish, or you can add meat/seafood to your taste. Posting for safekeeping. I will likely make this with whole wheat couscous or even quinoa.
Top Review by Lori Mama
Came together very nicely and made for a nice light supper on a very hot day. After I shot the picture, I, much later, realized I had forgotten the feta and it was to late to snap another with it. Made for New Kids on the Block Tag game. :)
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup couscous, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup red onion
- 1⁄3 cup carrot
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup roasted cashews, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 1 3/4 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually stir in couscous. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- While couscous stands, steam broccoli florets, covered, for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Combine couscous, broccoli, onion, and next 10 ingredients (onion through chickpeas), tossing gently. Sprinkle with cheese.