Recipe by cookCol
At this time of year I start to get tired of the same old pasta and potato salads. I found this recipe in the Cooking Light 2002 Annual cookbook. It didn't take long to make, should be made ahead and was a refreshing change.
- 1 (10 ounce) box couscous
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare salad combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour 2 cups boiling water over couscous mixture.
- Cover; let stand 5 minute.
- Fluff with fork; cool.
- Stir in onions, basil and chickpeas.
- To prepare dressing combine all dressing ingredients in a jar; cover tightly and shake vigorously.
- Pour over couscous mixture and toss well to combine.
- Cover and chill one hour.