At this time of year I start to get tired of the same old pasta and potato salads. I found this recipe in the Cooking Light 2002 Annual cookbook. It didn't take long to make, should be made ahead and was a refreshing change.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) box couscous
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1To prepare salad combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- 2Pour 2 cups boiling water over couscous mixture.
- 3Cover; let stand 5 minute.
- 4Fluff with fork; cool.
- 5Stir in onions, basil and chickpeas.
- 6To prepare dressing combine all dressing ingredients in a jar; cover tightly and shake vigorously.
- 7Pour over couscous mixture and toss well to combine.
- 8Cover and chill one hour.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Couscous Salad With Dried Cranberries
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.0
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 329.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 8.3 g