Prep 6 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Pam Reisenberg, Home Appetit, from a cooking class I attended. This was so good! *additional add ins: 1 cup chickpeas, drained, chopped olives, crumbled feta, dried figs, dried apricots, currants or raisins.
- 3 cups couscous
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 to 2 lemon, juice of
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts, toasted (optional)
- Place couscous, cranberries, curry powder, salt, and sugar together in a heat-proof bowl and mix.
- Add 3 cups boiling water to the bowl and add the orange juice and stir.
- Cover the bowl with a dish and let stand 6 minutes.
- Uncover and stir until the liquid is absorbed and the couscous is tender.
- Fluff with a fork.
- Add olive oil, scallions, parsley, lemon juice and toasted walnuts.
- Mix all ingredients together until evenly distributed; taste and adjust seasonings: salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Serve at room temperature.