Recipe by Kree
This is a unique side dish that's perfect for a warm summer evening. I created this for RSC #7. Add as much or as little curry as you please. You can use a red bell pepper instead of green, but the green makes for a more colorful salad. One reviewer also enjoyed this salad after adding a can of tuna. See the note in parentheses to make this dairy-free.
Top Review by * Pamela *
I made this as directed to take to a family BBQ. I am not a curyy lover but I knew that some of the people at the gathering would really enjoy this salad. Everyone who tasted it said it would have been better with some additional curry powder-I had put in 1 1/2 tsp. Thanks for posting and good luck!
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 1⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8 ounce) container plain yogurt (or soy yogurt to make this dairy-free)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place couscous in a large bowl and pour boiling water over the top. Let it soak for 10 minutes to swell the grains, then fluff it with a fork.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the couscous and stir well to combine.
- Chill in the refrigerator, if desired, and enjoy!