Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Very nice change from rice or noodles, quick and goes well as a side dish. from Cooking Light
Make and share this Curried Couscous recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 (10 ounce) package couscous
- Bring the butter, broth, and 1/3 cup water to boil in a medium saucepan.
- Gradually stir in the curry powder, allspice and couscous.
- Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork.
YUMMY!! This was so easy and just delicious. I really liked the flavor of the curry and allspice. I just served this with some steamed veggies and salad. Thanks Dorothy.
So easy and a wonderful taste experience for this litte couscous lover. The curry and allspice are a great combination of flavors. This was our main course and I served with other steamed veggies. Thanks Dorothy.
Dorothy, this was a very quick and easy couscous dish. I went ahead and used 1 t. curry powder because mine is sort of mild in flavor. The curry and allspice are good in combination and I really liked the flavor. I also added some salt and pepper. I served this as a side dish with spicy grilled pork tenderloin.