Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
I like to add leftover grilled veggies such as eggplant, peppers, onions or zucchini or stir in chopped cooked chicken.
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 2⁄3 cup couscous
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh flat leaf parsley
- fresh ground black pepper
- Combine broth, cumin, curry powder and crushed red pepper in a small saucepan, bring to a boil.
- Stir in couscous.
- Remove from heat.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork, stir in parsley.
- Serve hot or chilled.
- Season to taste with ground pepper.