Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
I found this recipe in an old Southern Living cookbook. I will admit that I haven't tried it yet, but intend to in the very near future.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups cornmeal
- 3⁄4 cup sifted flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cook onion in oil, over medium heat, until tender.
- While onion is cooking, sift the cornmeal, flour, salt baking powder, sugar and curry powder together in a bowl.
- Add the egg, milk and onion with oil to dry mix and stir until just mixed.
- Fill 12 greased medium muffin cups 2/3 full and bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Excellent! And easy to make. I was looking for something to serve with vegetarian chili, and these were perfect. The texture was first-rate -- nice and light, with a great crumb .... flavor was delicious, but the curry wasn't overpowering. A definite keeper. Thanks for posting this!
This recipe is outstanding. Cornmeal muffins are my hubby's favorite. I never considered adding curry. Yummy. Green onions are really nice too. Thank you!
JQ, if you still haven't made these, you must. They were delicious! I served them with Succotash Chowder and it was a wonderful meal.