Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mexicorn, drained
- 8 tomatoes, slices (1 large or 2 medium tomatoes)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or 3 tablespoons parsley
- In medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, chutney, curry powder and salt; mix well.
- Add corn; stir to coat.
- Arrange tomato slices in single layer on large serving platter.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup corn mixture in center of each tomato slice.
- Sprinkle with cilantro.
This was really very good. I recommend making the curried corn salad early in the day and then assembling with the tomatoes just before serving. The flavors intensify and blend if you let them marinate. Made for Best of 2009 Cookbook Game.
Really nice blend of flavors! I wouldn't have thought to put these ingredients together, but it worked so well! I made my own mexicorn, omitted the salt and replaced it with some black pepper, and used cilantro. The presentation was also lovely. Thanks for sharing!
I really loved this! We can't buy Mexicorn here, so I made my own using Mexicorn . I forgot to add the cilantro at the end, but the flavours were still great! We served it with some avocado slices, and some prawns. I have a little leftover in the fridge, so I think I will turn it into a take-along lunch to the pool today, with some diced tomato, diced avocado, and a hard-boiled egg diced u and mixed through! Thanks for sharing this great little recipe! [Made for Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #24]