Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a delicious side with chicken or pork. I love how the flavors mix together. Although this is a side dish, it is my favorite part of any meal it is served with. I could sit and eat a bowl of this with just a bit of bread to go with it. This was originally a Fit for Life recipe, but my mom made some alterations to it.
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 cups corn (fresh, frozen, or canned)
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Saute onion in oil until tender.
- Add peppers and saute briefly, just until warmed through. Add curry powder, oregano, and turmeric.
- While the peppers are sauteing, heat the corn until hot (microwave or sauce pan on stove top), and drain any liquid.
- In a large bowl, mix the pepper mixture, drained corn, black olives, miracle whip, and salt.
- Serve warm.
Nice and tasty corn salad! Loved the curry powder with the corn and peppers, it was a perfect match. This is so quick and easy to put together and would be a great side for any BBQ. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2012