Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
You can bake this in individual ramekins..
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels (or frozen corn, thawed)
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground white pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups light cream
- 1 cup salted cracker crumb
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- chopped parsley, for garnish
- Place oven rack in the middle position; preheat oven to 350°; spray a 12 x 8 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a big bowl, combine the corn and eggs.
- Stir in the flour, sugar, curry powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add 2 tablespoons melted butter and all of the cream; mix well.
- Pour custard into prepared dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the cracker crumbs with the thyme and remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the custard; bake 10 minutes longer or until the custard is set and a knife comes out clean.
- Garnish with chopped parsley; serve immediately.