Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
A fanastic twist on crab cakes.
- 3⁄4 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, shells removed
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 large egg whites
- 10 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs, divided
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- lime wedge
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add first 5 ingredients; saute 4 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Place mixture in a large bowl; cool completely. Stir in crabmeat; set aside.
- Combine mayonnaise and the next 5 ingredients (mayonnaise through egg whites) in a small bowl. Gently fold mayonnaise mixture into crab mixture. Stir in 7 tablespoons breadcrumbs. Divide mixture into 8 (3/4-inch-thick) patties. Dredge patties in 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat. Place patties in pan; cook 4 minutes. Turn patties, and cover pan; cook 4 minutes or until done. Serve with lime wedges.
Loved it! Oh yes! Perhaps next time I'll use the frying appliance... my pan got a little blackened. Also have to experiment w/the consistency.. maybe use "homemade" breadcrumbs? Any tips? Topped these w/cilantro sauce made in processor w/(50/50) mayo & sour cream and a few fresh jalpeno w/the head of cilantro.