Recipe by Colorado Lauralee
I found this recipe on the web when I was searcing for a 'Curried Corn' salad. I had everything needed for this recipe and made it for our meal last night. I must say it is VERY good. It is from The Canadian Living Test Kitchen.
- 3 cups corn kernels, cooked
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage or 1 cup coarsly chopped tomato
- 1 sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1⁄3 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine corn, chicken, cabbage, green pepper, carrot, and onion.
- Dressing: Whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise, curry powder, sugar, vinegar, cumin, salt, and pepper; toss with salad.
- Salad can be covered and refrigerated for up to 4 hours.
- Note: I just sampled what I made last night (using cabbage) and find it to be very good yet today.