Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From my lovely "For the Breast of Friends" cookbook! Posted for ZWT #6....
- 2 cups corn (frozen or fresh)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Melt butter, add corn, onion, and curry. Saute.
- Cover and simmer slowly, about 10 min, until tender, stirring often.
- Add sour cream, salt, and pepper, heat until warm, and serve.
Made as written for ZWT6, but I did amend the prep slightly. I made it fairly early in the dy & baked it in individual gratin dishes to reheat at the dinner hr. It is such an easy-fix & was esp tasty w/another ZWT recipe for glazed ham steaks. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us. :-)
So easy to make and tasty! I used more onion than called for and more curry. Frozen corn worked perfectly. Thanks for posting.