Recipe by SilentCricket
If you're in the mood for a unique flavor of the islands and conch is available at your local fish market...here's a recipe for you!
- 1 lb conch, peeled and cleaned
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- seasoning salt
- 5 tablespoons maggi seasoning sauce (may be found in Asian section of market by soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red peppers or 1⁄2 cup green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 fish bouillon cube
- 2 teaspoons ketjap manis (Indonesian soy sauce Ketjap Manis Ketjap Manis)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 -4 potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound conch and cut into small pieces.
- Mix with two garlic cloves, seasoned salt, 1 TBSP Maggi seasoning, and curry powder.
- Let stand.
- In medium saucepan, saute onions, celery, pepper, and remaining garlic in butter.
- Add bouillon cube, the remaining Maggi seasoning, Ketjap manis and tomato paste.
- Add water.
- Bring to a boil and add peeled and diced potatoes.
- Lower heat and simmer gently while preparing dumplings: Blend all dumpling ingredients together and drop by teaspoonful into hot mixture.
- Cook about 15 minutes or until dumplings are done.
- (make sure potatoes are tender too!) Add conch and cook about 5 more minutes.