Recipe by Cucina Casalingo
"Curried chicken simmered in coconut milk and tomatoes makes for a mouthwatering hint of the tropics! Goes great with rice and vegetables."
Top Review by alinasls
I loved this one. Made with 2 14.5oz cans of plum tomatoes instead of the stewed tomatoes and tomato sauce. I pureed the tomatoes with the hand blender before adding to the chicken. At first the sauce seemed very sweet, but I thought I'd let it reduce before tweaking, which was a good call - as the sauce reduced, the cayenne in my curry seasoning really came out. Definitelly a keeper!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into 1/2 inch chunks and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil and curry powder in a large skillet over medium-high heat for two minutes. Stir in onions and garlic, and cook 1 minute more. Add chicken, tossing lightly to coat with curry oil. Reduce heat to medium, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center and juices run clear.
- Pour coconut milk, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and sugar into the pan, and stir to combine. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, approximately 30 to 40 minutes.