Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A perfect cozy winter supper.
Make and share this Curried Coconut Beef With Winter Vegetables recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F Heat oil in 4-quart ovenproof dutchoven over medium-high heat. Cook beef in oil, stirring occasionaly until brown.
- Stir in onion, and garlic. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is crisp-tender. Stir in curry powder, coconut milk, brown sugar and lemon juice. Cover and place in oven; bake about 1 hour or until beef is tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except cilantro. Cover and bake about 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Garnish with cilantro.