Recipe by Epi Curious
This is a tasty rice to accompany seafood or jerk chicken. Very easy but very flavorful. From "The Sugar Mill Caribbean Cookbook" by Jinx and Jefferson Morgan.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 onion, thinly sliced (medium sized)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup raw rice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan and saute' the onion until it is limp and translucent.
- Stir in the curry powder and rice. Cook the mixture two minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir.
- Bring the mixture to a boil; lower the heat and cover the saucepan. Simmer the rice for 15 to 20 minutes, or until it is tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove the bay leaf before serving.