Recipe by Demandy
From crenita2 from Yahoo ricecookerrecipes group, posted for safe keeping. I'd like to try this one soon.
- 2 lbs boneless pork shoulder (I used boneless country style spare ribs)
- 4 medium apples (tart, like granny smith)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2⁄3 cup apple cider or 2⁄3 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 ounces baby carrots or 12 ounces sliced carrots
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed to equal 2 cups
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from pork; cut into 1 inch cubes. Peel, core and chop 2 apples; set aside. Hit COOK and brown pork in oil.
- Add chopped onions, apples and curry powder; cook and stir 2 minutes Add broth, cider, salt, and pepper. . carrots, celery squash to pan with pork mixture Cook
- until vegetables are Tender. You might want to add more cider at this point. I just checked the pot to be sure.
- Add the last 2 apples after about 15 minutes if you want them to have some shape and not cook completely down into the sauce, but use your own judgement on that one.
- Serve with sour cream, and orange peel and pepper. (the orange flavor and sour cream really make it delicious).