From crenita2 from Yahoo ricecookerrecipes group, posted for safe keeping. I'd like to try this one soon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless pork shoulder (I used boneless country style spare ribs)
- 4 medium apples (tart, like granny smith)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2/3 cup apple cider or 2/3 cup apple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 ounces baby carrots or 12 ounces sliced carrots
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed to equal 2 cups
- 1Trim fat from pork; cut into 1 inch cubes. Peel, core and chop 2 apples; set aside. Hit COOK and brown pork in oil.
- 2Add chopped onions, apples and curry powder; cook and stir 2 minutes Add broth, cider, salt, and pepper. . carrots, celery squash to pan with pork mixture Cook
- 3until vegetables are Tender. You might want to add more cider at this point. I just checked the pot to be sure.
- 4Add the last 2 apples after about 15 minutes if you want them to have some shape and not cook completely down into the sauce, but use your own judgement on that one.
- 5Serve with sour cream, and orange peel and pepper. (the orange flavor and sour cream really make it delicious).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Cider Pork Stew (Rice Cooker)
Serving Size: 1 (987 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 872.5
- Calories from Fat 456
- Total Fat 50.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 161.1 mg
- Sodium 730.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.7 g
- Sugars 26.9 g
- Protein 44.3 g