- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 -8 green onions, cut in 1 inch pieces,including 3 inches of green
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato juice
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable broth or 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3 medium potatoes, cut in 1 inch chunks
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced jalapeno pepper (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil.
- Add garlic and both types of onions; saute until vegetables are soft.
- Stir in curry powder and saut for 30 seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients, cover and simmer for about 40 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.