- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 3 cups chopped kale or 1 package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in your crock pot and let it cookon low 7 to 8 hours, or on high for 4 hours.
Delicious! And I though Kale was one of those vegetables that you "had to eat because it's pack with health, but doesn't taste great". But this recipe found a way to make kale taste fabulous! I give this an A+
This was really a 2.5 star dish for me. My boyfriend and I thought it smelled terrific, but when it came down to eating it, we were pretty underwhelmed. We ended up adding extra curry and a lot of salt and that made it ok, but not great. The flavor was actually pretty bland for us. I would possibly make this again, but would have to work on the spices.
Super tasty - I'll be making this again. I didn't make it in a crock pot though. I did my standard curry procedure, which is to fry the onions, garlic, ginger, and cumin seeds until almost golden, add tomatoes and remaining spices, cook down to a pulp, and then add the vegetables with a bit of water and simmer until cooked. With lots of plain yogurt, this was fantastic, quick, and healthy.