Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great curry dish that you can make as hot or as mild as you like, and choose your favorite veggies for taste perfection! For a gluten-free version-ensure the curry powder and soy sauce used are both gluten-free
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 -2 tablespoon curry powder (the amount depends on your preference and propensity for curry, the heat of your curry powder)
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 540 ml chickpeas (one can)
- 2 -3 cups frozen mixed vegetables, diced (Choose your favorite! You can use broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, corn, peas, carrots, you name it! )
- 1 cup yogurt (Plain or Vanilla, Both work! The vanilla adds that creamy sort of flavour that you would get if addi)
- Heat oil in a saucepan on medium-low heat.
- While the pan warms, squash the garlic cloves with a wooden meat mallet or the broad side of a butcher knife. Make sure your fingers are out of the way and the blade is pointed away from you!
- Chop garlic into slightly smaller pieces (does not need to be minced) and add to the heated pan.
- Add curry powder, basil, paprika, soy sauce, ground pepper, salt, and lime juice to pan.
- Turn heat up to medium-high, and add the whole can of chickpeas, juice and all.
- Add frozen/fresh vegetables and stir until well mixed.
- Bring mixture to a low boil and simmer at medium-high heat for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir in the yogurt.
- Serve hot with bread, buns, naan, or similar things.
Holy cow this was great! I added 2 teaspoons of turmeric, a handful of fresh basil, and a tablespoon of red pepper flakes for some kick and it was delicious. Thanks for a new favorite!
this was good. the basil can be a bit overpowering, so be careful. it also seems to be lacking something in regards to the veggie curry in indian rests. but if you take it as itself, it is very good. i think the servings as is, with 3 cups of mixed veggies, is more like for 4 people, as looking in the pan, there is no way my DH and i could each eat half of it!
Wonderful curry! It really did turn out fab. The flavors are all there; it's great over basmati rice. I only subtracted a star because the way instructed to saute the spices puts them in huge danger of burning fast, using only 2 tsp oil. Even though I was very careful, I had to scrape some of mine out of the pan after they charred. Still, I would make this again and am enjoying leftovers! Thank you!