Recipe by kittyroara
A great curry dish that you can make as hot or as mild as you like, and choose your favorite veggies for taste perfection! For a gluten-free version-ensure the curry powder and soy sauce used are both gluten-free
Top Review by Pizzabeast
Holy cow this was great! I added 2 teaspoons of turmeric, a handful of fresh basil, and a tablespoon of red pepper flakes for some kick and it was delicious. Thanks for a new favorite!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 -2 tablespoon curry powder (the amount depends on your preference and propensity for curry, the heat of your curry powder)
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 540 ml chickpeas (one can)
- 2 -3 cups frozen mixed vegetables, diced (Choose your favorite! You can use broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, corn, peas, carrots, you name it! )
- 1 cup yogurt (Plain or Vanilla, Both work! The vanilla adds that creamy sort of flavour that you would get if addi)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a saucepan on medium-low heat.
- While the pan warms, squash the garlic cloves with a wooden meat mallet or the broad side of a butcher knife. Make sure your fingers are out of the way and the blade is pointed away from you!
- Chop garlic into slightly smaller pieces (does not need to be minced) and add to the heated pan.
- Add curry powder, basil, paprika, soy sauce, ground pepper, salt, and lime juice to pan.
- Turn heat up to medium-high, and add the whole can of chickpeas, juice and all.
- Add frozen/fresh vegetables and stir until well mixed.
- Bring mixture to a low boil and simmer at medium-high heat for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir in the yogurt.
- Serve hot with bread, buns, naan, or similar things.