Recipe by Whisper
If you like Indian food, you'll love the wonderful blend of textures and spices in this easy casserole. From the cookbook Lean and Luscious and Meatless.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned cream-style corn
- 1 (1 lb) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Spray a 1 1/2-quart baking dish with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic, and bay leaf.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until onions are browned, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and discard bay leaf.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes.