1 hr 10 mins
I saw Ina Garten prepare this on the show where she served this at a Beach Volleball Picnic. This combination sounded wondeful! I didn't allow for the cooling time of several hours .Update: 03/28/2009 please be sure to read Shug Avery's review. He is much more knowledgable on the subject than I.;) Update 07.24.2009 - please be aware that curries have different amounts of heat!! Use a little at a time - look at Pink''s review.;) As I stated in the recipe - use sweet/mild curry - that is where the I think the problem is - it depends upon the amount of heat that you may want. Update- 08/07/2009 please use the sweet/mild curry and use a little at a time - I copied the recipe just as it was written - and I editorialized in parentheses. Please read all reviews and the might shed some light on the curry-mania!! ;) I couldn't resist it!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 chicken breast halves, bone in, skin on (1 1/2 whole)
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 354.88 ml good mayonnaise
- 78.07 ml dry white wine
- 59.14 ml chutney (recommended Major Gray's)
- 14.79 ml mild curry powder, to taste (recipe calls for 3 T, however use a little at a time)
- 236.59 ml medium-diced celery (2 large stalks)
- 59.14 ml chopped scallion, white and green parts (2 scallions)
- 59.14 ml raisins
- 236.59 ml toasted salted cashews, chopped
- 6 tortillas
- 1Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- 2Place the chicken breasts on a sheet pan and rub the skin with olive oil.
- 3Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- 4Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until the chicken is just cooked.
- 5Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- 6Remove the meat from the bones, discard the skin, and shred the chicken in pieces.
- 7For the dressing, combine the mayonnaise, wine, chutney, curry powder(** use a little at at time!), and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade.
- 8Process until smooth.
- 9Combine the chicken with enough dressing to moisten well.
- 10Add the celery, scallions, and raisins, and mix well.
- 11Refrigerate for a few hours to allow the flavors to blend.
- 12Add the cashews to the chicken.
- 13Fill the center of each tortilla with the chicken mixture.
- 14Fold the 2 sides of the tortilla over the filling so that the sides overlap.
- 15Roll the tortilla from bottom to top, and cut in half diagonally.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Chicken Wraps a La Barefoot Contessa - Ina Garten
Serving Size: 1 (1373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 676.7
- Calories from Fat 352
- Total Fat 39.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 38.4 mg
- Sodium 1047.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 17.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: