Recipe by quixoposto
from Cooking Light: "Whip out your can opener for quick and easy weeknight meals"
Top Review by Mgnbos
This comes together very quickly and smelled and tasted wonderful! I made two changes - one, chick thighs instead of breasts - worked well. The other, putting the carrots through the food processor, didn't - juilennied would have been a better bet though as it dish lacked texture. I will make this again with the carrots cut differently - it was very good.
- 1 cup water
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup carrot, julienned
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken in 1/2 inch strips.
- Combine water, 3/4 cup coconut milk, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in saucepan. Bring to boil. Gradually stir in couscous. Remove from heat, cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Combine 1/2 teaspoon salt, flour, and curry. Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over med-high heat. Add chicken and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining coconut milk, carrot and raisins; reduce heat, and simmer for 7 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Serve over couscous. Sprinkle with cilantro.