Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
Again, haven't tried, just posting because book is due at library. From "A Taste of the Tropics"
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 2 sweet potatoes, scrubbed and diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red hot sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded and diced
- Place 2 tablespoons of the butter, plus the garlic, ginger and onion in a deep skillet. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the curry powder, cumin and thyme and saute for another minute.
- Add the potatoes, water, red hot sauce and salt and cook for about 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft but not mushy.
- Add the chickpeas and cook another 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a separate skillet, saute 2 tablespoons of the remaining butter and the chicken over medium heat for 5 to 7 minute, or until the chicken is white in the center.
- Add the vegetable curry mixture and bring to a simmer.
- Serve hot over rice.
ilove curry chicken man!