Curried Chicken With Chickpeas (Trinidad)
- Place 2 tablespoons of the butter, plus the garlic, ginger and onion in a deep skillet. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the curry powder, cumin and thyme and saute for another minute.
- Add the potatoes, water, red hot sauce and salt and cook for about 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft but not mushy.
- Add the chickpeas and cook another 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a separate skillet, saute 2 tablespoons of the remaining butter and the chicken over medium heat for 5 to 7 minute, or until the chicken is white in the center.
- Add the vegetable curry mixture and bring to a simmer.
- Serve hot over rice.