Recipe by Margaret3
Elegant-looking presentation-light, delicate taste, not heavy on the curry. appears to be more work than it actually is -i REALLY like that part. We especially enjoy basmati rice with it. Has become a STANDARD at our house. I got this years ago from the Moroccan "expert" on an old Compuserve food forum. I can almost guarantee enjoyment.
Top Review by Montana Heart Song
I used dried apricots, and craisins and "I can't Believe it is Butter Margarine spread" and 1 heaping tsp wet minced garlic in a jar. This was super! Ingredients I usually have on hand. I also ued 2%milk. I will make again and again! Thanks for posting!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 ounces dried apricots, cut in half
- 1⁄4 cup raisins or 1⁄4 cup craisins (craisins=good color)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1 bay leaf, broken
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
Directions See How It's Made
- place apricots& craisins in small bowl and pour the OJ over them--let sit 15 min or longer.
- put butter and next 6 ingredients in a small dish and mix to a paste.
- in a greased 2-quart shallow baking dish, arrange chicken in a single layer.
- Spread curry paste evenly over chicken.
- Add the fruits and OJ they were soaked in.
- sprinkle the broken bay leaf, making sure it gets submerged.
- Pour milk over it all.
- Cover and bake@ 350 45 minutes.
- UNCOVER and bake 25 minutes more.