1 hr 12 mins
Just the thing for a cold night.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Madras curry powder
- 1 1/2 cups cubed winter squash (kabocha, butternut, or other deep orange squash)
- 1 1/2 cups cubed peeled sweet potatoes
- 8 ounces dried calimyrna figs or 8 ounces black mission figs, stems trimmed
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes in tomato puree
- 1 whole clove
- 1In a small bowl, combine the cumin, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and black pepper.
- 2Sprinkle chicken with the spice mixture.
- 3Heat a large, deep skillet or wide saucepan over medium heat; add in the olive oil.
- 4Add in the chicken, a few pieces at a time; cook about 2 minutes per side or until lightly browned.
- 5As the chicken browns, transfer to a plate.
- 6Add the onions to the skillet; stir/saute for 5-8 minutes or until golden.
- 7Add in the garlic and curry powder; stir for 1 minute.
- 8Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the skillet; scatter the squash, sweet potatoes, and figs over the chicken.
- 9Add in the tomatoes and clove.
- 10Lower heat to medium-low; cover and cook about 25-30 minutes or until the chicken and vegetables are tender.
- 11Uncover and simmer about 5 minutes or until the juices are slightly reduced.
- 12Taste and add salt/pepper if desired.
- 13Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Chicken Thighs With Dried Figs and Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (522 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 531.0
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 114.5 mg
- Sodium 420.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.2 g
- Sugars 33.7 g
- Protein 34.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: