Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
These tea sandwiches have chewey dried cranberries and crunchy pecans, the sweetness of apple and the spiciness of curry on heart-shaped bread.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 1⁄2 cups unpeeled red apples, chopped (or 1 medium)
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup celery, thinly sliced and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 12 slices bread
- lettuce leaf
- Combine the fist 6 ingredients thru green onions.
- Combine mayonnaise, lime juice and curry powder; add to chicken mixture and stir to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cut each slice of bread with a 3" heart-shaped cookie cutter; top with lettuce and chicken salad.
I am so sorry you received the last review as it tainted the recipe. I went and made it anyhow because I saw great reviews before it and on another site. It was super. I served it to a bunch of ladies and it was instantly gone. I used a different cookie cutter shape but followed it exactly. I think with curry you have those who like a hint of it and those who like a ton. This was a mild flavorful recipe but not overdone. I also served it to my husband after and he raved about it. If you feel that it might be too sweet for you use a more tart medium apple. Great tea sandwich and regular any day sandwich, just make it bigger. Enjoy and thanks for posting sugarplum. ChefDLH
Absolutely delicious and beautiful served on a bed of lettuce. Great for parties or just a light lunch. Thanks for the recipe!
Excellent and delicious-I loved the flavors. Excellent recipe for left-over chicken. I will make this again