1/2 Photos of Curried Chicken Skewers With Toasted Coconut Gremolata
A recipe from Ricardo.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup 10% plain yogurt or 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (nuoc mam)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 675 g skinless and boneless chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 20 small wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes (or 8 large) or 20 small metal skewers (or 8 large)
- 1/2 cup 10% plain yogurt or 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1Marinade: In a glass dish or in a large sealable bag, combine all the ingredients. Add the chicken and toss to coat well. Cover the dish or seal the bag. Refrigerate, ideally, for 24 hours or at least 4 hours.
- 2Gremolata: In a bowl, combine the cilantro, lime zest and green onions. Add the coconut just before serving.
- 3Preheat the grill, setting the burners to medium. Oil the grate.
- 4Thread the chicken strips onto the skewers.
- 5Grill the skewers for about 5 minutes per side or until the chicken is no longer pink inside. Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Serve 2 skewers per person with jasmine rice and grilled vegetables. Serve with the gremolata and yogurt.
- 7Tips: As an appetizer, present the skewers on a serving platter. Sprinkle with gremolata and serve with yogurt as a dip.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Chicken Skewers With Toasted Coconut Gremolata
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.4
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 147.7 mg
- Sodium 872.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 31.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
limes, zest of