Recipe by Kitchen__Princess
This is a hearty casserole. I may try it with regular pork or beef sausages as well.
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 8 fresh chicken sausage
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 3 tablespoons indian korma curry paste or 3 teaspoons dried curry powder
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 400 g chopped tomatoes with juice
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat an ovenproof casserole or frying pan and add oil. Brown the sausages on each side until golden, about 10 minutes. Remove and place on a paper towel to absorb excess fat. Set aside.
- Add onions and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes until translucent. Add ginger and apple and sauté for a further 3 minutes until the apple start to soften. Stir in curry paste, chicken stock and tomatoes and bring to the boil.
- Add the browned sausages, bring back to the boil, cover, then place in a preheated oven at 180°C for 20 minutes.
- Place cornflour into a small bowl and cover with warm water, stir until smooth. Remove casserole from the oven and stir through the cornflour. Cover and return the casserole to the oven for a further 5 minutes to thicken.
- Lastly, sprinkle the casserole with chopped parsley and serve with hot mashed potato or steamed rice.