Recipe by Recipe Reader
Wolfgang Puck's recipe, seen in Everyday with Rachael Ray. Add an additional hour to the time for marinating the chicken.
Top Review by SarasotaCook
Very nice recipe! I did marinade mine all day, but I also did not cut the chicken in strips, but in small cubes. I was making a lot for a party and found this a bit easier. But it did not affect the taste at all. The vinaigrette was a nice touch. Thx for a nice unique recipe. One Note: I also used some boneless skinless thighs for those who preferred dark meat and they were also very good. Kim
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak 24 short bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Slice chicken breast lengthwise thinly into 24 strips and thread onto skewers. Place on baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine curry powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Brush the chicken with 2 TBS peanut oil and sprinkle all over the spice mixture.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a food processor, combine rice vinegar, mayo, soy sauce, mint, coriander and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper.
- Slowly drizzle in the peanut oil.
- Transfer the vinaigrette to a bowl and refrigerate.
- Preheat a stove top grill pan and grill the chicken skewers over high heat, about two minutes per side.
- Serve with the vinaigrette.