Prep 40 mins
Cook 5 mins
Wolfgang Puck's recipe, seen in Everyday with Rachael Ray. Add an additional hour to the time for marinating the chicken.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Soak 24 short bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Slice chicken breast lengthwise thinly into 24 strips and thread onto skewers. Place on baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine curry powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Brush the chicken with 2 TBS peanut oil and sprinkle all over the spice mixture.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a food processor, combine rice vinegar, mayo, soy sauce, mint, coriander and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper.
- Slowly drizzle in the peanut oil.
- Transfer the vinaigrette to a bowl and refrigerate.
- Preheat a stove top grill pan and grill the chicken skewers over high heat, about two minutes per side.
- Serve with the vinaigrette.
Very nice recipe! I did marinade mine all day, but I also did not cut the chicken in strips, but in small cubes. I was making a lot for a party and found this a bit easier. But it did not affect the taste at all. The vinaigrette was a nice touch. Thx for a nice unique recipe. One Note: I also used some boneless skinless thighs for those who preferred dark meat and they were also very good. Kim