Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
I love cheddar and chutney on crackers, and thought the curry-marinated chicken would make a great meal out of those flavours. A delicious change from your basic chicken sandwich! Note: If your chutney is super-sweet, go easy or use an aged cheddar to balance the flavours.
- Mix curry and oil to make a thin paste.
- Marinate chicken breasts for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
- Grill or broil chicken breasts until no longer pink.
- I cooked mine stove-top in a non-stick grill pan.
- Use the chutney as a glaze and/or condiment.
- I used peach chutney/relish for these last night, but a mango chutney would be delicious also.
- Melt cheddar onto buns or on chicken breast.
- If you are not using a hot curry powder but still like a good kick, try adding chopped chilies (fresh or dried) to the marinade.
- Put your sandwiches together and enjoy!
These were very good chicken sandwiches. I love curry and chutney with chicken (I always use both of them together for chicken salad), so I knew it was going to work well for this sandwich. I used a cranberry/tomato chutney that I had made and it was perfect. I'm anxious to try this with other chutneys as well. Thank you for sharing this wonderful, simple recipe.