Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Light, healthy and delicious!
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups cubed nectarines
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine mayonnaise and next 5 ingredients (through pepper) in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle mayonnaise mixture over chicken mixture; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with almonds.
We made this salad and my family loved it!! I was nervous about using curry for the first time, but it gave the chicken a great deep flavor. This is a nice change for a chicken salad!!!
A very enjoyable lunch served on top of mixed greens. Plain yogurt was used for the buttermilk. The curry and sweetness of the nectarines make this salad a refreshing summer treat.
I usually keep powdered buttermilk on hand, so this was easy. 1 1/2 teaspoons powdered buttermilk plus 2 tablespoons of water worked just fine. We had over baby spinach leaves and it worked just fine for my husband and mother-in-law (who has troubles with chewing and always wants more salt, due to declining tastebuds. With this one, she didn't reach for the salt and I'd halved the original salt, since we're all on blood pressure meds!)