Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I made this many years ago. While my family are not big curry or mango fans this is a good salad. I got this recipe from Joan Lunden's Healthy Cooking.
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken breasts (procedure below)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 mangoes (or a combination of the two) or 2 papayas, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1-inch pieces (or a combination of the two)
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 scallions, sliced thin (use the white part and some of the green part)
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- lettuce, for lining the plates
- 2 tablespoons chopped cashews (optional)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- water or chicken broth, to cover
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, lime juice, mangoes, celery, and scallions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, spices, and salt and pepper to taste. Add to the chicken mixture, and toss. Arrange a mound of chicken on top of the lettuce. Garnish each portion with 2 teaspoons of the chopped cashews, if using.
- How To Poach Chicken Breasts:.
- In a saucepan, combine the chicken breast halves with enough water to cover. Remove the chicken from the water and bring the water to a boil. Return the chicken to the pan, and simmer it gently for 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and let it stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Check the chicken to make sure it is cooked through. If it is not, simmer it an additional 2 minutes.