I made this many years ago. While my family are not big curry or mango fans this is a good salad. I got this recipe from Joan Lunden's Healthy Cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken breasts (procedure below)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 mangoes (or a combination of the two) or 2 papayas, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1-inch pieces (or a combination of the two)
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 scallions, sliced thin (use the white part and some of the green part)
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- lettuce, for lining the plates
- 2 tablespoons chopped cashews (optional)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- water or chicken broth, to cover
- 1In a large bowl, combine the chicken, lime juice, mangoes, celery, and scallions.
- 2In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, spices, and salt and pepper to taste. Add to the chicken mixture, and toss. Arrange a mound of chicken on top of the lettuce. Garnish each portion with 2 teaspoons of the chopped cashews, if using.
- 3How To Poach Chicken Breasts:.
- 4In a saucepan, combine the chicken breast halves with enough water to cover. Remove the chicken from the water and bring the water to a boil. Return the chicken to the pan, and simmer it gently for 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and let it stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Check the chicken to make sure it is cooked through. If it is not, simmer it an additional 2 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Chicken Salad With Mango
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.4
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 152.1 mg
- Sodium 170.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 57.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: