1/1 Photo of Curried Chicken Salad With Grapes
Brianna Storer's Note:
A touch of curry makes this salad interesting but not overpowered like some. This calls for roasting chicken (better flavor than poaching), but I prefer to use rotisserie chicken. It is so easy and flavorful, not to mention a time saver. I always season to taste, but the measurements should be about right. I toss the salad the night before to give the flavors time to meld.
My Private Note
1 cup s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 5 chicken breasts, halved bone-in
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- seasoning, such as Mrs. Dash
- 414.03 ml diced celery
- 473.18 ml halved red grapes
- 1Place chicken on rack inside a 9"x13" pan. Rub breasts with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and Mrs. Dash (or similar seasoning).
- 2Roast until no longer pink, about 45 minutes.
- 3Cool until easy to handle. Remove skin and bones. Shred meat into bite-sized pieces. (Shredding instead of cubing allows the dressing to adhere to the chicken more easily.).
- 4Meanwhile, combine dressing ingredients. Taste often to reach desired outcome.
- 5Combine chicken, celery and grapes. Toss with enough dressing to coat, allowing for a little extra as the chicken will absorb some while melding in the refrigerator.
- 6Best chilled overnight, but it is still great if you can't wait that long.
- 7Serve alone or with rolls for sandwiches.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Chicken Salad With Grapes
Serving Size: 1 (1757 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.6
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 75.9 mg
- Sodium 347.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 20.3 g