A touch of curry makes this salad interesting but not overpowered like some. This calls for roasting chicken (better flavor than poaching), but I prefer to use rotisserie chicken. It is so easy and flavorful, not to mention a time saver. I always season to taste, but the measurements should be about right. I toss the salad the night before to give the flavors time to meld.
- Place chicken on rack inside a 9"x13" pan. Rub breasts with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and Mrs. Dash (or similar seasoning).
- Roast until no longer pink, about 45 minutes.
- Cool until easy to handle. Remove skin and bones. Shred meat into bite-sized pieces. (Shredding instead of cubing allows the dressing to adhere to the chicken more easily.).
- Meanwhile, combine dressing ingredients. Taste often to reach desired outcome.
- Combine chicken, celery and grapes. Toss with enough dressing to coat, allowing for a little extra as the chicken will absorb some while melding in the refrigerator.
- Best chilled overnight, but it is still great if you can't wait that long.
- Serve alone or with rolls for sandwiches.