A lovely twist on chicken salad, with a delicious blend of flavors. I adapted this from a clipping from Cook's Country that my mom gave me. It works as a sandwich or wrap filling, and I also enjoy serving it over some fresh greens. Adjust the curry powder to your taste - I have found that different brands have different strengths.
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 large celery rib, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup pineapple, diced (fresh or canned)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the mayonnaise, lime juice, curry powder, cumin and coriander; mix well.
- Add chicken, celery, onion, pineapple and cranberries and toss to cover all with the sauce.
- Add salt and pepper, to your taste.