Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A lovely twist on chicken salad, with a delicious blend of flavors. I adapted this from a clipping from Cook's Country that my mom gave me. It works as a sandwich or wrap filling, and I also enjoy serving it over some fresh greens. Adjust the curry powder to your taste - I have found that different brands have different strengths.
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 large celery rib, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup pineapple, diced (fresh or canned)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the mayonnaise, lime juice, curry powder, cumin and coriander; mix well.
- Add chicken, celery, onion, pineapple and cranberries and toss to cover all with the sauce.
- Add salt and pepper, to your taste.
I found this recipe while searching for a curried chicken salad, having recently enjoyed one from a restaurant salad bar. The pineapple & cranberries really compliment the curry. This salad is great and if you are a curry lover as I am, I hope you'll try it!
We really liked this chicken salad. Easy to put together. The curry flavor complimented the fruit so well. We served between toasted whole-grain English muffins. UPDATE: today I had this chicken salad between slices of Sweet Potato Bread (Bread Machine) for lunch at work today - yum! Thanks Starrynews! Made for PAC Spring 2010.
I scaled this back for one cup which was just enough for the DS and I to have a sandwich each and very flavoursome too which we both thoroughly enjoyed and left me wishing I had scaled it back to 2 cups so I would have some to have with a salad for lunch tomorrow. Thank you Starrynews, made for Potluck Tag and taken to Let's Have a BBQ Party.