Originally an RSC entry, this easy-to-fix chicken salad is full of flavor, color & texture & is ideal as a luncheon entree or sandwich filling for snacks or to-go occasions (Time was allowed for ingredient prep, but does not include time for the salad to chill under refrigeration). *Enjoy*
- 1⁄3 cup bacon (cooked crisp & crumbled)
- 2 large chicken breast halves (boneless, skinned, pre-cooked & cut in bite-size cubes)
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise (thinned with 1-2 tbsp of milk or heavy cream)
- 2 -4 teaspoons curry powder (more or less to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄3 cup red onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup celery (chopped)
- 1 cup tomato (grape or cherry, halved)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (toasted & chopped)
- 4 cups mixed salad greens (or lettuce of choice)
- Cook bacon till crisp, crumble & set aside.
- While bacon is cooking, cut pre-cooked chicken breasts into bite-sized cubes & set aside.
- In a sml bowl, combine mayo, curry powder to taste pref, salt & pepper.
- In a lrg salad bowl, toss all ingredients w/dressing (except mixed greens or lettuce) & refrigerate till well-chilled.
- When chilled, serve the chicken salad over mixed greens or a bed of lettuce on 4 salad plates & garnish w/veggies or fruit of choice as desired.
- NOTE: The chicken salad can be made a dy ahead of planned luncheon service or stored in a container to use for sandwich filling as desired for snacks or to-go occasions.
Absolutely delicious and a wonderful combination of flavors. Made for the X-tra Hot Dishes ZWT.
Great chicken salad! I left out the onion (don't care for it) and used diced regular tomatoes as that's what I had on hand. Enjoyed the sweet and savory combination of flavors - thanks for posting your recipe! Made for the Top Favorites of 2009 event
Wow! This is sooo good. I used 4 tsp curry powder, texas sweet onions, and had no tomatoes, but it turned out fabulous without them. I'm definitely saving this recipe! I made this for Football Tag 2009 Superbowl game!