1/4 Photos of Curried Chicken Salad (Salad or Sandwich)
Originally an RSC entry, this easy-to-fix chicken salad is full of flavor, color & texture & is ideal as a luncheon entree or sandwich filling for snacks or to-go occasions (Time was allowed for ingredient prep, but does not include time for the salad to chill under refrigeration). *Enjoy*
My Private Note
Lunch S ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup bacon (cooked crisp & crumbled)
- 2 large chicken breast halves (boneless, skinned, pre-cooked & cut in bite-size cubes)
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise (thinned with 1-2 tbsp of milk or heavy cream)
- 2 -4 teaspoons curry powder (more or less to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup golden raisin
- 1/3 cup red onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup celery (chopped)
- 1 cup tomato (grape or cherry, halved)
- 1/2 cup pecans (toasted & chopped)
- 4 cups mixed salad greens (or lettuce of choice)
- 1Cook bacon till crisp, crumble & set aside.
- 2While bacon is cooking, cut pre-cooked chicken breasts into bite-sized cubes & set aside.
- 3In a sml bowl, combine mayo, curry powder to taste pref, salt & pepper.
- 4In a lrg salad bowl, toss all ingredients w/dressing (except mixed greens or lettuce) & refrigerate till well-chilled.
- 5When chilled, serve the chicken salad over mixed greens or a bed of lettuce on 4 salad plates & garnish w/veggies or fruit of choice as desired.
- 6NOTE: The chicken salad can be made a dy ahead of planned luncheon service or stored in a container to use for sandwich filling as desired for snacks or to-go occasions.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Chicken Salad (Salad or Sandwich)
Serving Size: 1 (743 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.8
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 606.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens