Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A little more work than usual for a chicken salad, but it's worth it.
Make and share this Curried Chicken Salad (Rosie Daley) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, scraped & shredded
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon golden raisin
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup green apple, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 4 cabbage leaves, red
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Combine the chicken, peas, carrot, celery seed, raisins, shredded cabbage, apple, scallions, and celery in a salad bowl.
- Put all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to blend.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place a cabbage leaf, curved side down, on each salad plate.
- Mound salad into the leaves and garnish with the cherry tomatoes and parsley.