This is a nice little fufilling snack.
Make and share this Curried Chicken Salad Open Faced Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb cooked chicken, cut into Small Dice
- 4 ounces small dice celery
- 12 fluid ounces basic mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 ounce curry powder
- salt, as needed
- white pepper, as needed
- 1 head boston lettuce, washed and dried
- 4 ounces butter, Whipped
- 30 slices French bread, cut 1/4 inch thick on the bias
- 8 ounces roasted cashews
- 2 Red Delicious apples, peeled, and sliced thin
- Combine the chicken, celery, mayonnaise, and curry powder; mix well. Season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Cut the lettuce leaves to fit the bread slices.
- Sandwich Assembly: Spread the butter on the bread slices. Top with a piece of lettuce and 1 1/2 oz chicken salad. Garnish with 1 cashew and 2 apple slices.